KUALA LUMPUR: It is not an easy feat for chef Mohamad Zulqarnain Mohamad Radzwan to popularise “Singapore Laksa” in Perlis, a state known for its “Kuala Perlis Laksa” which uses rice noodle.
Mohamed Zulqarnain, 24, who works in Singapore, but is now in Perlis as he could not return to the republic due to the Movement Control Order (MCO), has started an online business selling “Singapore Laksa” which he improvised to suit the palate of the people in the state.
“I don’t have a source of income right now because my employer doesn’t pay me if I don’t work, but I have commitments and have to source for income.
“With my cooking experience and help from my family, I start the Singapore Laksa food business for delivery and so far, the response is encouraging, he said when contacted by Bernama.
Mohamad Zulqarnain said the recipe for making Singapore Laksa is similar to the Malaysian curry laksa.
“I improvise the recipe for my Singapore Laksa to meet the taste buds of the Perlis people,” he added.
He said it was difficult initially due to problems in getting the ingredients and packaging materials for online delivery because of the MCO, but he was able to overcome the problems and now, his online Singapore Laksa business has given him a new source of income.
As for Nur Syazatul Ainaa Azahar, 21, she is using her skills as a graphic designer to draw portrait illustration through her Instagram.
“I have no experience in online business, and with most people not getting their salary during MCO, I have to lower my price,” she said.
Meanwhile, a technician, Julhendri Patinama Ahmad Tarmizi, 28, is offering his service as a runner for residents in his neighbourhood.
“My intention is to help the neighbours who cannot go out to get their own food or household supply themselves because of Covid-19 and the MCO.
”I get customers everyday and most of them want me to help them to buy food stuff like fish, chicken, shrimp, squid and vegetables,” said Julhendri Patinama who makes the delivery using his motorcycle.
However, he said, his challenge everyday is having to deal with the security personnel at roadblocks, and to maintain his hygiene by wearing face mask and washing his hands often with hand sanitiser. — Bernama
from Local News https://ift.tt/3b3P7qa
via Latest News in UK
No comments:
Post a Comment